Fear can be a difficult thing to overcome. We all feel it to a certain degree, but when it becomes debilitating, it can cause real difficulties in our lives.
I am someone who has suffered from debilitating fear. There was a time in my life where I felt too fearful to even leave my house. Although I’ve now, thankfully, gotten to a healthier place, there are days where it still starts to creep up on me.
I learned that my fear was directly linked to my level of self-love. The more I loved myself, the less fear I felt. So, on days where I’m feeling particularly insecure, fear is never far behind.
One way I boost my self-love is through positive affirmations.
I have used positive affirmations many times in my life. They have proven to be a powerful tool in helping me get through any challenging situation I may be facing at the time.
Here’s how I use them: I write or find a positive affirmation that speaks to my particular need, place it on a post-it note somewhere visible, and repeat it day after day until it starts to stick. I slowly begin to see I shift in my thinking.
If you’re currently struggling to overcome your fear, here are 50+ positive affirmations for fear that I’ve written that I hope will be helpful to you.
And if you’re not finding an affirmation that you connect with, try writing your very own.
Some tips for writing an affirmation:
- keep it brief
- be specific
- keep it in the present tense
- keep it positive (i.e. “I am” instead of “I am not”)
Here are 50+ Positive Affirmations For Overcoming Fear:
- I am brave enough to take chances.
- I can handle anything that comes my way.
- My setbacks make me stronger.
- I am strong and powerful.
- My struggles are opportunities to grow.
- I am capable of achieving my goals.
- My confidence continues to grow.
- My abilities are limitless.
- I believe in myself.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I release fear, tension, and stress.
- I am creating the life of my dreams.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I look to my future with hope and happiness.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I am grateful for who I am.
- I am overcoming all obstacles.
- I am finding it easier to move forward without fear.
- I breathe in strength and breathe out fear.
- I am confident and determined.
- Today, I am living fearlessly.
- I am protected by the universe.
- I let go of any judgements of myself.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- My dreams are worth fighting for.
- I have what it takes to conquer my fears.
- I deserve to be healthy.
- I am resilient and never give up.
- I courageously protect my happiness.
- I am calm and at peace.
- I am transforming my life into a happy one.
- I release all self-doubt.
- I feel the fear and do it anyway.
- I have the power to change my life.
- I accept myself.
- I am healing.
- My life is worth fighting for.
- I am overcoming fear by pushing through it.
- I have a bright future.
- I am proud of all my accomplishments.
- My body is full of strength and beauty.
- Today, I have everything I need to succeed.
- I am blessed for this new day of opportunity.
- I am motivated and inspired to chase my dreams.
- I am excited about my life.
- I persist until I succeed.
- I release the pain of my past.
- Facing my fears empowers me.
- I am living my life courageously.
- I embrace change because it helps me grow.
- I am full of confidence and enthusiasm.
- I embrace the mistakes I have made because they help me grow.