Fear can be a difficult thing to overcome. We all feel it to a certain degree, but when it becomes debilitating, it can cause real difficulties in our lives.
I am someone who has suffered from debilitating fear. There was a time in my life where I felt too fearful to even leave my house. Although I’ve now, thankfully, gotten to a healthier place, there are days where it still starts to creep up on me.
I learned that my fear was directly linked to my level of self-love. The more I loved myself, the less fear I felt. So, on days where I’m feeling particularly insecure, fear is never far behind.
One thing I have found helpful when faced with fear is to use positive affirmations.
Here’s how I use them: I write or find a positive affirmation that speaks to my particular need, place it on a post-it note somewhere visible, and repeat it day after day until it starts to stick. I slowly begin to see I shift in my thinking.
If you’re currently struggling to overcome your fear, here are 50+ positive affirmations that I hope will be helpful to you.
And if you’re not finding an affirmation here that speaks to you, try writing your very own.
Some tips for writing an affirmation:
- keep it brief
- be specific
- keep it in the present tense
- keep it positive (i.e. “I am” instead of “I am not”)
Here are 50+ Positive Affirmations For Overcoming Fear:
- I am brave enough to take chances.
- I can handle anything that comes my way.
- My setbacks make me stronger.
- I am strong and powerful.
- My struggles are opportunities to grow.
- I am capable of achieving my goals.
- My confidence continues to grow.
- My abilities are limitless.
- I believe in myself.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I release fear, tension, and stress.
- I am creating the life of my dreams.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I look to my future with hope and happiness.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I am grateful for who I am.
- I am overcoming all obstacles.
- I am finding it easier to move forward without fear.
- I breathe in strength and breathe out fear.
- I am confident and determined.
- Today, I am living fearlessly.
- I am protected by the universe.
- I let go of any judgments of myself.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- My dreams are worth fighting for.
- I have what it takes to conquer my fears.
- I deserve to be healthy.
- I am resilient and never give up.
- I courageously protect my happiness.
- I am calm and at peace.
- I am transforming my life into a happy one.
- I release all self-doubt.
- I feel the fear and do it anyway.
- I have the power to change my life.
- I accept myself.
- I am healing.
- My life is worth fighting for.
- I am overcoming fear by pushing through it.
- I have a bright future.
- I am proud of all my accomplishments.
- My body is full of strength and beauty.
- Today, I have everything I need to succeed.
- I am blessed for this new day of opportunity.
- I am motivated and inspired to chase my dreams.
- I am excited about my life.
- I persist until I succeed.
- I release the pain of my past.
- Facing my fears empowers me.
- I am living my life courageously.
- I embrace change because it helps me grow.
- I am full of confidence and enthusiasm.
- I embrace the mistakes I have made because they help me grow.
What are your favourite positive affirmations for overcoming fear? Have you used positive affirmations before? Do you have a go-to affirmation? What helps you overcome fear? I’d really love to hear – leave me a comment below!
The content you find on this blog is written by us based on our personal research or lived experiences and is designed to inform and inspire – not to provide medical or health advice. Although we strive for accuracy, we do not make any warranty as to the correctness of our content. Always consult your doctor when it comes to your personal health or before you make any changes to your lifestyle.