Fear can be a difficult thing to overcome. We all feel it to a certain degree, but when it becomes debilitating, it can cause real difficulties in our lives.
I am someone who has suffered from debilitating fear. Although I’ve now, thankfully, gotten to a healthier place, there are days where it still starts to creep up on me.
I learned that my fear was directly linked to my level of self-love. The more I loved myself, the less fear I felt. So, on days where I’m feeling particularly insecure, fear is never far behind.
One way I boost my self-love is through positive affirmations.
I have used positive affirmations many times in my life. They have proven to be a powerful tool in helping me get through any challenging situation I may be facing at the time.
Here’s how I use them: I write or find a positive affirmation that speaks to my particular need, place it on a post-it note somewhere visible, and repeat it day after day until it starts to stick. I slowly begin to see I shift in my thinking.
If you’re currently struggling to overcome your fear, here are 50+ positive affirmations for fear that I’ve written that I hope will be helpful to you.
And if you’re not finding an affirmation that you connect with, try writing your very own.
Some tips for writing an affirmation:
- keep it brief
- be specific
- keep it in the present tense
- keep it positive (i.e. “I am” instead of “I am not”)
Read more: The Self-Help Book About Fear That Changed My Life
Here are 50+ Positive Affirmations For Overcoming Fear:
- I am brave enough to take chances.
- I can handle anything that comes my way.
- My setbacks make me stronger.
- I am strong and powerful.
- My struggles are opportunities to grow.
- I am capable of achieving my goals.
- My confidence continues to grow.
- My abilities are limitless.
- I believe in myself.
- I deserve to be happy.
- I release fear, tension, and stress.
- I am creating the life of my dreams.
- I can do anything I put my mind to.
- I look to my future with hope and happiness.
- I am doing the best I can.
- I am grateful for who I am.
- I am overcoming all obstacles.
- I am finding it easier to move forward without fear.
- I breathe in strength and breathe out fear.
- I am confident and determined.
- Today, I am living fearlessly.
- I am protected by the universe.
- I let go of any judgements of myself.
- I love myself unconditionally.
- My dreams are worth fighting for.
- I have what it takes to conquer my fears.
- I deserve to be healthy.
- I am resilient and never give up.
- I courageously protect my happiness.
- I am calm and at peace.
- I am transforming my life into a happy one.
- I release all self-doubt.
- I feel the fear and do it anyway.
- I have the power to change my life.
- I accept myself.
- I am healing.
- My life is worth fighting for.
- I am overcoming fear by pushing through it.
- I have a bright future.
- I am proud of all my accomplishments.
- My body is full of strength and beauty.
- Today, I have everything I need to succeed.
- I am blessed for this new day of opportunity.
- I am motivated and inspired to chase my dreams.
- I am excited about my life.
- I persist until I succeed.
- I release the pain of my past.
- Facing my fears empowers me.
- I am living my life courageously.
- I embrace change because it helps me grow.
- I am full of confidence and enthusiasm.
- I embrace the mistakes I have made because they help me grow.
Let’s chat! What are your favourite positive affirmations for overcoming fear?
This story here touched me, from the first paragraph reading someone who is me was fucking mindblowing. Thank you, I needed this on releasing my fears. I am an energetic body worker and I always do an energy sweep after touching….love and light to you
God bless. We are blessed ✨
Thank you, Summer 🙂 It’s so nice to hear that others can relate. Love and light to you too, my friend!
This is just what i needed. Thank you so much for the affirmations. I will start practicing them everyday. May God bless and may all your prayers be swiftly delivered
Thank you so much, Prerana. Blessings to you as well. I hope these affirmations are helpful to you ♡
Q: Is fear good or bad?
A: Neither good or bad. It’s about the relationship with Fear.
-We have to change our relationship with fear. From passive to active.
Some fears are good, especially the ones that helps us from getting harmed.
We have to learn to be able to differentiate between from fear based on reality and fear based on past experiences.
Differentiate between past experiences and new autonomous experiences.
Fear is a very isolating emotion.
Now in order to change this relationship, we need reprogramming; and affirmations is one of the ways to do so.
Here are some of my affirmations:
Fear only exists in situations that count.
Fear is a good sign.
Fear is the guide towards what I want.
Once I plow through my fear, I am free!
I have a good relationship with fear.
My fear means I am excited.
Thank you so much for your comment. Your affirmations are wonderful, and I know they will be so helpful. Appreciate you <3