Arugula Pesto Pasta — Happy Tasty Tuesday! I’m sharing one of my favourite pasta dishes with you today. This Arugula Pesto Pasta is so yummy and couldn’t be easier to make. I love it as is, but also really enjoy it with some chicken or shrimp. The.Best.Ever!
It’s all about the pesto, you guys. This stuff is amazing and can be used in so many ways – tossed with your favourite veggies, as a spread on a sandwich, added to your salad dressing, as a sauce on your pizza. I mean, the list goes on and on. It’s great in all the ways. Not to mention how good-for-you arugula is. It’s high in several vital nutrients. Good all around.
I have to thank Clinton Kelly for this recipe. I grabbed it years ago when he was co-hosting The Chew. (Who else misses that show btw???) But because it’s been so long, I can’t seem to find a link to the original recipe anymore. If you find it, please let me know in the comments. I’d really like to add it here.
Anyhow, let’s get into this mouth-watering goodness! Below, find how I make this arugula pesto pasta.
Btw – feel free to use any type of pasta you like. I like using fusilli because extra pesto clings to its twisty bits. Extra pesto in each bite = ?
what’s in it
- 1 package (375g) Fusilli pasta
- 1 container (5oz/142g) arugula, rinsed, dried
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
how to make it
- In a food processor, add walnuts and garlic. Pulse until chopped finely. Add arugula and parmesan. Pulse until chopped finely. With food processor running, add ¾ cup of olive oil until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Cook pasta as directed by package. Drain.
- Add pesto to pasta, stirring until pasta is well coated. Serve immediately.
Just look at this green goodness in a bowl?? Isn’t it purrrdy?! ?
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do! Happy cooking! xx, Amanda
Let’s chat! Will you be trying this Arugula Pesto Pasta?
Photos by Tulip and Sage