I’ve made my first Arugula and Strawberry Salad of the year. Do you know what that means? It means the weather is officially getting warmer here in Toronto, and the summer is just around the corner! Yay indeed!
This salad feels like summer to me…
I have a memory from childhood of searching for the very first strawberry that grew in our backyard. This was no small feat because our strawberries, if we were lucky enough to get any that year, were often tiny and few and far between. A glimpse of that tiny red treasure brought an excitement that summer was on its way. My appreciation of strawberries only grew, of course, with just how yummy they are!
This salad is by far one of my favourites.
The sweetness of the strawberry paired with the bitterness of the arugula makes the flavours of this salad balance beautifully. And, topping this salad off with a few shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano adds just the perfect touch of salty deliciousness. Finally, dressing this beauty with a rich and flavourful balsamic vinaigrette finishes this salad off nicely.
Can we take a moment to acknowledge how simple this is to make?
The simplest food is often the tastiest, and this salad is no exception indeed!
I want to share with you today my recipe for Arugula & Strawberry Salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette.
I want to share with you today my recipe for Arugula & Strawberry Salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette. This particular recipe makes a large salad, serving about 4-6 well as a side dish, and can be paired with many main dishes. The serving size can also be modified to make this a perfect light lunch.
Without further ado, let’s get to this recipe!
Arugula & Strawberry Salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 container arugula 5oz / 142g, rinsed, dried
- 1 container strawberries 16oz / 454g, rinsed, dried, hulled and sliced
- Shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano to your taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking as you go.
For the salad:
- In a large bowl, gently toss together the arugula, strawberries, and Parmigiano Reggiano shavings. To this, add the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2018 Tulipandsage.com All Rights Reserved
Have you tried this Arugula & Strawberry Salad? Let me know below!
Thanks so much for stopping by <3
Photos by Tulip and Sage
SUBSCRIBE FOR INBOX INSPIRATION AND ACCESS TO THE FREEBIE SPOT! SIGN UP HERE