Ever wondered how to spend Valentine’s Day single??
Valentine’s Day can be a bit of a bummer if you’re single. And although the day may include appreciation for all those in our lives that we love, it tends to focus on the romantic kind of love. This type of love can make those of us still on the hunt for the love of our lives to feel a bit left out. It can make many of us focus on what we don’t have, and let’s face it, that can feel pretty crappy. But, just like any other time life gets us down, we can try to find the silver lining and to foster some positivity and gratitude for the things and people we do have in our lives. And one of the most important people on this list is yourself.
There is no better day than on this day of love to show yourself some love. And for those of us struggling in the self-love department, this day serves as a great reminder to practice some much-needed self-care. Relaxing, having fun, and doing things you enjoy is the perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day solo. If you’re looking for how to spend Valentine’s Day single, I’ve listed a few small and simple things you can do if you’re single this Valentine’s Day.
And by the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with being single! It’s a great way to learn about yourself and grow into the person you want to be. You should totally enjoy it and embrace it!
Happy [SELF]love day, my sweet friends <3
Here’s how to spend Valentine’s Day Single:
- Get a massage – relax and de-stress by getting a massage
- Get a pedicure/manicure – and do it just because
- Treat yourself to a spa day – why not make a day of it and get it all done!
- Have a bubble bath – choose your favourite bath bomb and preferably one with a calming scent
- Cook yourself your favourite meal – plan, prep, and cook a meal that you love but never usually get around to making
- Write yourself a love letter – dear self, I love this and this and this about me! As silly as this may sound, it’s a way to build self-love, and most of us don’t do it often enough! Unsure how to start? List 20 things you love about yourself
- Burn your favourite scented candle – this one’s for you fellow candle lovers out there!
- Celebrate your besties by hosting a Galentine’s Day event – Did you know that February 13th is Galentine’s Day, a day to celebrate with the ladies in your life?? Why not treat your BFFs to a Galentine’s Day extravaganza!
- Have some friends over for a wine and cheese night – sometimes a lil wine and a lil cheese is all you need in life!
- Enjoy dinner at a fancy restaurant with your besties – who said a fancy restaurant was just for dating territory!?
- Brush up on some good reads – reading is one of my favourite pastimes, but I never make time for it. Today is THE day.
- Make some heart-shaped dessert – because when a dessert is heart-shaped, it’s extraaa special 🙂 Here are 20 heart-shaped desserts you can choose from
- Watch a documentary – I love me a good documentary! I haven’t seen a good one in a while…any suggestions??
- Buy yourself some flowers – and do it just because
- Plan a singles-only night out with your single friends – because your single buddies are looking for ways to celebrate too so why not have a blast together??
- Indulge in your favourite desserts – indulging is allowed today, so go for it
- Take yourself to the movies – because dating yourself is a good thing
- Buy yourself a new outfit – a new pair of jeans makes me happy. And today, I choose to be happy.
- Treat yourself to a new pair of shoes – have you been eyeing that pair of shoes, but have been talking yourself out of it because the timing just wasn’t right? Is today the day it finally happens??
- Have a solo dance party with your current favourite tunes – because dancing like no one is watching is what we should all strive to do, right??
- Take a cooking class – learn an important life skill and meet new people, maybe even meet your soulmate???
- Take a dancing class – a fun way to exercise
- Attend a Valentine’s Day get-together – say yes to that get-together you were invited to! You don’t need to be attached to attend. Why not bring a friend or attend as the independent boss lady you are?!
- Enjoy a glass of your favourite wine – maybe even 2 or 3!
- Make yourself a champagne cocktail – here’s a gorgeous blackberry thyme champagne cocktail, aptly named The Love Potion, from Lark & Linen that looks sooo good
- Binge watch a Netflix series – I’ve watched one episode of You and was totally freaked out in a can’t-stop-watching kinda way. I’m excited to binge my way through! Any series you currently recommend?
- Journal your little heart out – writing is cathartic, release the day’s stressors by journaling your thoughts and feelings
- Stay in and pamper yourself – face masks for the win!
- Spend some quality time with your parents or grandparents – we often take the simple act of quality time for granted. This day of love is wonderfully spent surrounded by the OGs of your love circle!
- Treat your parents, siblings, or other family members to a dinner and movie – time spent with loved ones is never wasted
- Go out for ice cream – I scream, you scream, we all scream for —> I’m a plain ol’ chocolate ice cream lovin’ gal! What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
- Splurge on a new piece of jewelry – you soooo deserve it
- Get a blowout – sometimes a gal just needs her hair styled for things to feel right in the world again! 🙂
- Unplug from social media – this is a day to unwind, so give yourself a breather from the stressors of the world by disconnecting for a bit
- Get a haircut or dye your hair – I always seem to get an extra pep in my step after a fresh new haircut or hair colouring
- Make it an early night and catch up on some sleep – you can never go wrong with some extra shut-eye
- Take the day off of work – if you’re able to, why not take the day off and plan a day trip or explore your city
- Get crafty – make some super cute Valentine’s Day decorations. Here’s an adorable Blooming Monogram DIY from lulus.com you could try
- Surround yourself with petals and blooms – Buy bunches of fresh flowers from your local grocery store and make several bouquets to place around your home
- Go on vacation – why not plan your next fun-filled vacation during this time of year?
- Dress up. It doesn’t need to be a date night to wear your favourite dress out or your favourite lingerie in
- Make a chocolatey dessert – chocolate and valentine’s day – how can you have one without the other?? Here’s a Salted Dark Chocolate Tart recipe from gimmesomeoven.com that looks divine!
- Enjoy some strawberries and whipped cream – embrace the Valentine’s Day spirit with this simple treat
- Tell the people in your life that you love them – give them a call, shoot them a text, or send them a greeting card
- Nourish your grateful heart – Make a gratitude list by identifying the things and people in your life that you are grateful for
- Have a movie marathon – you heard me! It’s A-okay to spend the day watching your favourite movies. Enjoy it!
- Treat yourself to a shopping spree – today is special. And it’s perfectly acceptable to treat yourself on a special day.
- Order your favourite take out – Yummmm…I’m getting hungry just thinking about all the delicious options to choose from. what’s your favourite take out?
- Make little bouquets and give them out to the friends in your life – here’s a sweet mini flower bouquet DIY by homeyohmy.com that can help
- Do some relaxing yoga before bed – here’s a 12-minute bedtime yoga video from Yoga With Adriene you can follow along with