Who else is obsessed with IKEA dresser hacks? I love seeing what a little creativity + a little time and effort can get you. And in this case, it’s these beautiful dressers that look totally high-end and customized to perfection. Swoon. Swoon. Swoon. 🙂
Don’t get me wrong. I do love IKEA with all its minimal, affordable goodness. But this girl also loves a good makeover and these dressers, you guys, I’m talkin’ major glow ups!
I also find it totally inspiring – taking something I’ve had for years and breathing new life into it, transforming it into something I’ve only wished for in these little affordable ways. The possibilities are endless! And it’s got me looking around my space feeling so inspired to turn all sorts of things into my customized little gems. It’s exciting and always leaves me feeling like I’ve got all these fun little projects I can look forward to. My creative heart has never felt so full.
What’s currently on my mind of things to upgrade/refresh…my sweet, dependable Hemnes chest.
We’ve been through some stuff together. And it’s always been there. (Yep, I get kinda attached to my stuff. And I’m not sorry about it. 🙂 ) But with a whole bedroom refresh in mind, it’s time the chest gets a little makeover to bring the entire space together.
And so I was off to my favourite place to go for inspiration, Pinterest, and came across some beautiful transformations for some of their most popular dressers and chests. I fell in love with so many of these hacks and couldn’t help but feel you’d love them too.
So, if you’re also looking for ways to refresh your IKEA dressers or chests, here are some of my absolute favourite hacks. Happy DIYing, loves!
Chests vs Dressers
Ever wondered what the difference between a dresser and a chest of drawers is? Let me break it down for you. A dresser tends to be wider and shorter, whereas a chest of drawers is taller and more narrow. They’re both typically used to store clothing, while chests are also often used for general bedroom storage. A chest of drawers is also a great option for when you’ve got a smaller room or looking to increase your storage but use less floor space.
For the purposes of this post, I’ll be including both dresser and chest hacks.
Let’s get to it!
Read more: 7 Ways To Reduce Clutter In Your Home
The Malm Dresser + Chest
- Brass Bar Pulls + Corner Braces, By abeautifulmess.com, Try This DIY »
- Brass Legs + Circle Wooden Plaques + Stain, By houseonasugarhill.com, Try This DIY »
- Pine Legs, By thecollectedhouse.com, Try This DIY »
- Brass Ring Pulls, By thepinkdream.com, Try This DIY »
- Removable Self-Adhesive Decal, By StickersColoray, Shop »
The Hemnes Dresser + Chest
- Leather Handle Pulls, By KeyWayHardware, Shop »
- Fluted Trim + Brass Handles, by xomyhome.com, Try This DIY »
- Cane Webbing + Brass Handles + Paint, By littlehouseonthecorner.com, Try This DIY »
- Brass Knobs, by diariesofmyhome
- Foam Dowels + Paint + Brass Knobs, By ikeahackers.net, Try This DIY »
- Overlays + Paint + White Knobs, By blesserhouse.com, Try This DIY »
- Brass Knobs + Legs, By 29thanddelight.com, Try This DIY »
The Tarva Chests
- Brass Bar Pulls + Paint, By sarahshermansamuel.com, Try This DIY »
- Legs + Overlays + Brass Finger Pulls + Paint, By erinspain.com, Try This DIY »
- Brass Knobs + Paint + Stain, By kristinalynne.ca, Try This DIY »
- Leather Handles + Paint + Stain, By sarashomehaven.com, Try This DIY »
- Cane Webbing + Pine Pulls, by houseonlongwoodlane.com, Try this DIY »
- Wood Dowels + Gold Pulls, By hunker.com, Try This DIY »
The Rast Chest
- Legs + Brass Knobs + Paint + Stain, By realitydaydream.com, Try This DIY »
- Brass Bar Pulls + Paint, By classyclutter.net, Try This DIY »
- Brass Corner Braces + Brass Pulls + Paint, By classyclutter.net, Try This DIY »
- Legs + Paint + Metal Pulls, By oheverythinghandmade.com, Try This DIY »
- Brass Pulls + Paint + Stain, By ikeahackers.net, Try This DIY »
- Paint + Stain, By pmqfortwo.com, Try This DIY »
Let’s chat! Which of these IKEA Dresser Hacks will you be trying??
We independently select the products we feature on Tulip and Sage. We do work with affiliates, and if you purchase a product from a link used in this article, we may earn a small commission amount.