The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we may earn a small commission amount.
Mojito Mocktail Recipe — Yes, mojitos are meant to be enjoyed in the summertime. They are so refreshingly wonderful. But what’s a girl to do when the summer is far from arriving and a mojito is what I’m craving? Enter the mojito mocktail! This fresh minty drink will have you feeling like you’re on the patio on a warm summer evening – even if you are just in your kitchen. And, honestly, that’s a good enough feeling to get you through the day. If you’re needing a pick-me-up, something to brighten your day, something to help pull you out of that rut that often comes along this far into the wintertime, give this sunny drink a try.
Here’s what’s in it:
Mint leaves – I love using fresh mint in my recipes – the scent is amazing! For this recipe, you’re going to want a good amount of it to really flavour the drink. If the leaves are on the larger side, you can add 10. If they’re smaller in size, add 20. This is only a guide. Feel free to add as much or as little as you’d like.
Lime juice – You must use freshly squeezed lime juice rather than what comes in a bottle. It really brightens the flavours.
Agave nectar – You can also use honey here since I know agave nectar isn’t the healthiest sweetener. I only use it sparingly, which is why I enjoy it in this drink but feel free to use another sweetener if you’d like. A simple syrup would work as well.
Lime-flavoured sparkling water – I like adding a lime-flavoured water to strengthy the lime flavour. I’m a Bubly sparkling water fan. I find it to be the most flavourful but feel free to use a brand of your choice.
Ready to get your sunshine and mint on? Grab the recipe below!
- 10-20 mint leaves (depending on their size – larger 10, smaller 20)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 can (355 ml) lime-flavoured sparkling water (I like using Bubly)
- 1 lime wedge for garnish
- 1 stem of mint leaves, washed and dried, for garnish
- Place mint leaves and lime juice in a large glass. Use a muddler (or large wooden spoon) to muddle together for at least 1 minute – pressing down lightly on your mint leaves and gently twisting to release the flavours.
- Add agave nectar.
- Add sparkling water. Use a bar spoon or straw to stir together, making sure to get the agave nectar mixed in well
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and a stem of mint leaves
Make This Mocktail
Will you be trying this Mojito Mocktail Recipe? What’s your favourite mocktail? What’s your favourite minty recipe? What’s your favourite summertime drink? What’s one little thing you do that helps brighten your day? I want to hear it all – leave me a comment below!
Leave a Reply