Nothing planned for Halloween?? Why not Self-Care It Up!?
It’s always a good time to check-in with yourself, do something that brings you joy, connect with others, or to simply just be silly and have fun!
Here are 60 self-care ideas for your Halloween, organized by self-care type. And remember, these are only meant to get you inspired about practicing some self-care this Halloween. If you don’t see an activity you enjoy, create your own!
Happiest Halloween, my lovelies! <3
Read more: The Halloween Dinner Recipes We’ll Be Making
60 Halloween-Inspired Self-Care Ideas:
- Practice eating mindfully. Check out these 6 tips for practicing mindful eating.
- Write a spooky story using a Halloween prompt. Check out these Haunted Halloween Writing Prompts.
- Journal about your favourite Halloween memories
- Boost your self-esteem by writing a love letter to yourself
- Write about 5 things you are grateful for this Halloween
- Eat something you love without feeling any guilt
- Channel your inner-child and dress up as your favourite childhood superhero for the Halloween party you’ll attend
- Do something that brings you joy that’s completely out of the ordinary just for the sake of fun
- Spend the day with friends or family members who support and uplift you
- If you could be one dessert? What would it be? Get creative and bake it!
- Read a spooky book
- Learn a new skill by DIY-ing some Halloween decorations. Check out this DIY Halloween Door Mat!
- Play a Halloween Trivia Game. Check out these Free Horror Movie Trivia Games!
- Watch a True Crime Documentary
- Learn about how and why Halloween got started
- Learn about how candy became associated with Halloween
- Learn about how black cats became associated with Halloween
- Learn about how pumpkins became associated with Halloween
- Find 3 recipes you’ve never made before and cook or bake them (bonus: have all recipes include pumpkin!)
- Challenge yourself by carving a detailed, advanced design into your pumpkin. Check out these Advanced Halloween Pumpkin-Carving Stencils!
- Get out in your neighbourhood and admire all the Halloween decorating
- Have some dark chocolate. It’s good for you! Check out these 7 Proven Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate!
- Go for a stroll and take in the Autumn scenery
- Work out Halloween Style! Check out these Halloween-inspired exercises!
- Cook and enjoy your favourite comfort food (bonus: add some orange veggies to it!)
- Volunteer to take the children in your life trick-or-treating
- Dance the night away to your favourite Halloween tracks
- Visit a haunted house
- Do some Halloween yoga. Here’s a Halloween Yoga Playlist!
- Take a tour of historically haunted locations around your city
- Bring on the chills and nostalgia by watching your favourite thriller or horror movie
- Burn your favourite Halloween-scented candle
- Take a bubble bath with a Halloween-themed bath bomb
- Listen to your favourite Halloween playlist
- Carve a pumpkin mindfully. Here are some tips on how to be mindful when carving a pumpkin!
- Enjoy some hot chocolate or tea in your favourite Halloween mug
- Indulge your tastebuds with a sweet treat
- Bring on the comfort with your coziest blanket or throw
- Keep your toes warm with cozy Halloween socks
- Create a soothing space by diffusing essential oils. Here are 12 Essential Oils for a Spookier Halloween
- Host a Halloween-Themed dinner at your place. Short on planning time? Make it a potluck!
- Spend the night handing out candy to trick-or-treaters
- Attend a Halloween party
- Share ghost stories with your friends/family
- Host a Halloween game night. Here are 38 Free Halloween Party Games for Adults!
- Go out to eat with friends/family
- Go to the movies with friends/family and watch the scariest movie available
- Make homemade caramel apples with your friends/family. Here’s a recipe for Carnival Caramel Apples!
- Have a Halloween- or Fall-Themed photoshoot outdoors with friends/family
- Help organize a Halloween office party for your colleagues at work
- Donate your gently-used Halloween costumes to your local thrift store
- Check-in with yourself and journal about the emotions you felt throughout the day
- Donate to Unicef. Learn more about Trick-or-Treat For Unicef here!
- Bake a pumpkin pie for a neighbour. Here’s a recipe for the Perfect Pumpkin Pie!
- Read a book that inspires you and puts you in a positive mood
- Donate to your local food bank. Find out what items your local food bank needs the most of and ask your guests to bring an item with them when attending your Halloween party
- Spend time in nature surrounded by all things Autumn
- Feeling stressed out or anxious? Do a breathing exercise. Here are 5 breathing exercises under 5 minutes or less!
- Be more present by staying off your smartphone and unplugging from social media
- Connect with your community by attending or volunteering with a local Halloween event