The products featured in this post have been curated by us. When you click and shop our affiliate links, we may earn a small commission amount. We only recommend products we genuinely love.
With the end of summer quickly approaching, it’s the perfect time to practice being present, and mindful of all the beautiful little joys this season has to offer. Here are 50+ simple summer pleasures to inspire you to make time for living fully and enjoying every wonderful little bit of this season.
When was the last time you noticed life’s little joys?
Simple pleasures, the little things we often take for granted. The smell of baking cookies, the starry night, the first snowfall of the year, our world is filled with these simple wonders. Reminding ourselves of these simple pleasures and feeling grateful for them can boost our happiness and well-being. Setting an intention to experience these things, takes you out of that unfulfilling autopilot living we often fall into and brings you into the moment, to fully feel and be.
The truth is, many of us spend too many of our days worrying about our tomorrows and missing out on what’s right in front of us. Let’s push through this autopilot living we’ve been stuck in. Let’s not let our days pass us by. Let’s get out there and live.
Whether you’re following along with these simple summer pleasures or celebrating your own, enjoy it to the absolute fullest!
Happy summer, lovebugs!
Here are 50+ simple summer pleasures:
- Fresh Peaches
- Hosting an outdoor get-together (here’s a pretty board for serving!)
- Visiting a Farmer’s Market
- Wearing your flowiest summer dress (like this one!)
- Homemade ice cream
- Going for a scenic bike ride
- Going berry picking
- Going on a wine tour (even if you’re just there for the pretty scenery and cheeseboard! 😊)
- Having a picnic (here’s the cutest picnic basket to take with you)
- Sitting by a fire at night
- Rocking your favourite sunglasses (loving these and they come in so many different colours)
- Visiting a garden
- Hiking a trail
- Outdoor string lights (looking to add some to your space? these are solar-powered!)
- Attending an outdoor concert
- Making homemade popsicles
- Wearing your floppiest beach hat (here’s a pretty one!)
- Walking barefoot on the sand
- Roasting marshmallows
- Attending an outdoor movie screening
- Attending an outdoor yoga class (need a yoga mat? here’s one of Amazon’s bestsellers)
- Corn on the cob
- Making yourself a floral arrangement
- Attending a barbecue
- Riding a roller coaster
- Going camping
- Taking a road trip with your BFF
- Making lemonade
- Playing volleyball on the beach
- Outdoor patios of your favourite restaurants
- Going paddle boarding
- Watching the fireworks
- Doing some star-gazing
- Tossing a frisbee
- Swimming in a lake
- Going canoeing
- Going down a slide
- Enjoying a homemade sangria with your besties
- Going food truck-hopping
- Dancing under the stars with your sweetheart
- Attending a baseball game
- Grilling something (like these Grilled Peaches with Honey and Mascarpone – yum!)
- Relaxing in a hammock
- Going sailing
- Watching a sunset or sunrise
- Swinging on a swing
- Having a summer cocktail or mocktail
- Using a fun floatie and floating in a pool
- Hosting a garage sale or attending one
- Building a sandcastle
- Being a tourist in your own city
- Having a beach day
- Enjoying a fresh summer salad (here’s a Watermelon Cucumber Salad to try!)
- Flying a kite
- Creating a summertime playlist (what’s one song you’ve been listening to on repeat this summer?)
What are some of your favourite simple summer pleasures? What are you looking forward to the most over the next few weeks? What do you hope to do before the summer ends? I’d really love to hear! Leave me a comment below!