Who’s ready for a summer challenge? ☀️
For many of us, this time of year – I’m talking these last few weeks of summer – can have us feeling really down. It’s difficult to say goodbye to the warm weather, a break from school (and work for some), and that summer feeling – you know, that happy, free, relaxing feeling that often comes with sweet sunny summer days.
But I’m on a self-care mission, loves.
I refuse to let the sadness of summer ending ruin the summer I’ve got left, which is what brings me to today’s post. I’m on a mission to summer it up for the next how many days we’ve got left. But for the sake of being realistic (I might not get around to summertime fun every single day), I’m giving myself a 15 day challenge.
You with me?
Go on this 15 day summer challenge with me, and let’s mindfully take in each and every summery bit we’ve got left. Let’s turn our frowns upside down (I guess I’m someone who says this now!). Let’s work on being present. Let’s work on living moment to moment and not worrying too much about the future – it doesn’t even exist yet! Something I can be grateful for from 2020, the lesson to expect the unexpected and just ride the wave of life. To just cruise. Who else had this song pop up in their heads just now?? His voice is just buttery smooth 🙂
The truth is, many of us spend too many of our days worrying about our tomorrows and miss out on what’s right in front of us. Let’s not let our days pass us by. Let’s get out there and live.
Happy summer challenge, lovebugs!
Psst…feel free to follow along with me or create your very own challenge. Whichever way you do it, just promise to enjoy it to the absolute fullest ♡
15 Days of Summer Challenge
- Enjoy a summer movie marathon (tv shows allowed too – hello, Love Island!)
- Dine outdoors (at a restaurant patio, your backyard space, or both!)
- Go for a bike ride around your city (and pick up a summery bite to eat on your day out)
- Create a playlist with songs that always remind you of summer and play it every chance you get
- Make some lemonade and enjoy it outdoors
- Do some outdoor yoga (grab your water bottle, mat, and the perfect shady spot at your local park)
- Grill some fruit (I’ve been loving these peaches with spicy peach glaze by Bobby Flay!)
- Do some window shopping and pick up an ice cold drink as you go
- Have a picnic (there’s something so magically special about having a picnic, and it couldn’t be easier to do!)
- Enjoy your favourite summertime dessert (so many goodies – ice cream, popsicles, s’mores!)
- Go for a walk through your favourite park and take tons of summery photos (of nature or you and your loved ones in your favourite summer outfits!)
- Go for a swim at your local swimming pool, nearest lake, or (if you’re lucky!) the actual ocean. Major swoons to my ocean-in-your-front-yard friends!
- Have a summery cocktail or mocktail (here’s a Margarita Mocktail Recipe you can try!)
- Have a beach day (and don’t forget your sunscreen!)
- Create a summertime mood board (fill it with photos and colours that bring you all the summer feels! And you can turn to it anytime you’re missing summer this fall!)