Happy Monday, my lovelies! Today, we’re all about this Tomato Bocconcini and Basil Salad!
We all know and love a good ol’ Caprese salad.
Who can get enough of the fresh and delicious layers of sliced tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, topped with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar??
I sure am a fan of this simple and oh-so-flavourful salad, and often whip this baby up when in need of a super-fast main, side dish, or even appetizer.
Read more: SIMPLE MEDITERRANEAN CHICKPEA SALAD
One day, when craving this yumminess, I ended up with this bite-sized version of the salad.
How? Well, I happened to have fresh grape tomatoes, some basil, and yummy soft mini bocconcini, at home at the time.
And so, the result was inevitable, and also a total success – all the same yummy flavours, just a different presentation.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love the beautiful layered presentation of the traditional Caprese salad, and serve that version up as well.
The difference is, I now can enjoy the same yummy flavours in TWO ways.
After all, variety is the spice of life…
Rather than layering your ingredients, this recipe calls for simply tossing them all together in a large bowl, with a yummy balsamic vinaigrette, – making the perfect bite-sized version of this salad.
And the best part? You just add or omit the ingredients you enjoy best or least.
Lover of tomatoes? Add some more of these bad boys. Lover of bocconcini? Add a few extra of these little guys. You catch my drift…
So, without further ado, I present to you this super simple, incredibly flavorful, and highly customizable Tomato, Bocconcini, and Basil salad – the perfect bite-sized version of the Caprese salad.
Note: this recipe is only to serve as a guide. Have fun making this your own!
Tomato, Bocconcini, and Basil Salad: The Perfect Bite-sized Version of the Caprese Salad
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, rinsed, dried
- mini Bocconcini to your taste
- basil leaves, rinsed, dried to your taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt to your taste
- freshly ground black pepper to your taste
- For the vinaigrette:In a small bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking as you go.
- For the salad:In a large bowl, gently toss together the grape tomatoes, Bocconcini, and basil. To this, add the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
I’d love to hear from you in the comments: Have you tried this Tomato Bocconcini and Basil salad?
Photos by Tulip and Sage
SUBSCRIBE FOR INBOX INSPIRATION AND ACCESS TO THE FREEBIE SPOT! SIGN UP HERE